Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 ACE 750 and it has developed a new noise. It only seems to do it during take off near the end of the friction zone of the clutch. It's hard to describe but it sounds like chaiin slap which I know it's not. It's not loud and feels as if the bike jerks a bit. I know its not in the engine but I'm thinking it's may be the clutch or something to do with it. Anyone ever have something similar or have suggestions?

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you sure it's not the chain? I just repaired a Suzuki with the exact same complaint. His chain was old and the links would stick in the "on sprocket" position and when they straightened it would pop a little, but only under power not when just rolling the bike around. Also check that the rollers in the chain aren't degrading or the sprockets aren't worn. I stuck a new chain on his bike (he didn't have the money to do the sprockets too) and it fixed it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.