Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I am in the process of taking the rear fender, side panels,and tank off of my bike for paint. I am painting it black. Is there anything else I should do while it's broken down like this? Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well, I know while I had mine apart I looked everything over that you can't normally see with the body parts on, Look for worn pieces, broken bolts, anything that looks like it could be replaced or soon will need to. I found a few things on mine that needed replacing, and I cleaned up to grounds on the coils and things like that.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
You could go through and make sure all bolts/nuts are torqued to specs. And since you are not going to be riding it for a while you can remove the wheels and check them. Replace them if needed.

Let's see...you have a 86 VT500...and if memory serves me right...it has a shaft drive...so you can change the gear oil in it...if you haven't done so recently.

One last thing...check your vacuum lines to make sure none are cracked. Replace if any look bad. Check your fuel line too.

Hope this helps.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.