Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I finally got out to the garage to take some pictures. I've had her about 2 weeks. I've already shaved and remolded the seat, ordered new grips, made a tank bib, and I’m reconditioning the saddle bags now. Next I'm working on a way to eliminate the sissy bar and move the controls forward.

Don't know how to make the photobucket public so here are a few of many. I'll put up a few when I get the bib bags, and grips on. But this is pretty much the way she looked when I got her.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only ride I've done was the 30 mile trip home on it when I bought it. Other than being a little cramped, it was a great ride.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I think all of us with an 86 and under shadow want to know about good ideas for moving the controls forward. Keep me in the loop. BTW, your bike looks in pretty good shape, good luck with it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Good to see the 80's are still alive with your ol' 700 still moving on it's own power. She's looks good. Hope it will provide you with a ton fun and miles of open road prowling.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I took the top half of the sissy bar off and cut a piece of oak to fit across the bottom part of the bar and routed the edges of it. Painted it to match the bar. Made some "L" brackets and used stainless allen heads to bolt it to the bar. If I go on a trip I put the old top bar back on for gear. This won't work with a "king queen" seat. Find a "flat" rear seat.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
You know, I have noticed quite a few folks with those pesky sticky notes on their license plates lately, is that legal now :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sure their legal, that way you can send messages to the cagers behind you like..

"I have a handfull of pennies and I know how to use them."
"If you can read this, Get off my Ass!"

·
Registered
232 Posts
nice bike!! I might would like to have the sissy bar. What are you going to do with it?

have an 86 that is almost like new. No rust. Only a ding or 2 in the paint. I have it for sale or trade as I need a bigger one. Anyone wants pics email me.

[email protected]

I love mine and ride it every chance I get. They are nice little bikes!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Caltrucker said:
I took the top half of the sissy bar off and cut a piece of oak to fit across the bottom part of the bar and routed the edges of it. Painted it to match the bar. Made some "L" brackets and used stainless allen heads to bolt it to the bar. If I go on a trip I put the old top bar back on for gear. This won't work with a "king queen" seat. Find a "flat" rear seat.
hey Caltrucker, do you have pictures of the seat with the sissy bar? I would like to do something to the seat but haven't seen much alternatives...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did some research, and you can replace the tall upper hoop on your sissy bar, with the much shorter hoop from the V30.

·
Registered
80 Posts
mindfungus said:
Did some research, and you can replace the tall upper hoop on your sissy bar, with the much shorter hoop from the V30.
:idea: Thanks for the tip ! :!:

I wonder how it will look :?:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: New yahoo group!

ponyboy1995 said:
Hey,

For you classic shadow guys; I just started a new yahoo group.
Since I just started it I am the only member. Stop by & check it out. Hopefully it will be a place to share advice and new ideas for our bikes.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HondaVT700

Joe
I would have joined, but I only have a lowly VT500C :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
mindfungus said:
should look just like this., with a diffrant tail light.

hey ! I like it !! very different, don't you think? :?:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah, I like the way it looks. I am still working on a diffrent set of strut covers to replace the whole set up. Then I will just fab up a rear seat of sorts.

·
Registered
80 Posts
post a pic when you have it done! :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts