Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

New rider here and new owner of a VT600CD VLX Deluxe. I'm new to working on bikes but I have lots of experience rebuilding and restoring a 71 Camaro (thus my username) - with a lot of help from a forum like this. I'm hoping to learn as much here as I did there.

Anyways, looking forward to hearing from you guys and hopefully being able to contribute some day. I'll be sure to search for answers before starting new threads. Please take it easy on this newbie in the months/years it takes till I graduate from newbie status to experienced. :D

Rob-

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Welcome to the forum! How about some pics of the bike and the Camaro?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! I only have one photo of the Shadow right now... it's not ready for it's closeup just yet. I bought it from a long-time friend who hadn't started it in a few years. I popped a new battery in there and clean gass and she ran like she never sat for all those years! I was very happy, i'd worried that i'd need to clean out the carb - thankfully will not be doing that at this time. Still a bunch of things i'd like to do before really getting on the road with it:

new chain and sprockets (rusty chain)
Oil change (where can i get the crush washer for the drain plug?)
Coolant flush and fill
New throttle and clutch cables
Bleed the brakes
And any other suggestions you fine folks might have...

I'll post some pics of the bike and Camaro... but I can't figure out how to do it! Maybe my free membership doesn't allow it?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I had a 1970 SS350 back in the day. I wish I had it now. What a car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts