Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just joined and was saying hello. I have a 2002 shadow sabre that is overheating, and Im looking for some advice on what to look for. I replaced the fan motor, and still having the same issues. Bike overheats, and the light comes on and blows the fan fuse.....help is most appreciated!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum, get your 3 post in and then go over to the Technical Forum and ask your question.
Have you checked the coolant reservoir to see if any coolant is in it? It's located on the r/s of bike behind a chrome cover (8m socket) just between the exhaust, you also have to open/take off the r/s cover where the toolkit is to get to the tube that has a cap on it to add coolant(you can see the area on the r/s of my ride), I just use the Honda 50/50 mixture, you will need a flashlight to shine up from the bottom to check the reservoir (sometimes you still can't tell if any is in there) so I just add an ounce or so just to make sure, if you overfill it was just run out of the overflow tube under the bike, no biggie..........

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
If your fan fuse is blowing when the light comes on then there is an electrical issue as well. When posting in the technical section try to be more specific about the event timeline to assist with the diagnosis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts