Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am a new rider in Northern VA. If there is anyone that is interested in a riding partner.. Give me a shout. I own a 2002 Honda Shadow ACE 750cc and I bought if off someone who took very good care of it. I am not sure how to post a picture to show ya'll. But when i figure that out I'll show ya. Anyway, I am glad i found this site.. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
welcome im fairly new also. the info here is great these people got a answer for anything. very helpfull. once again welcome

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks Genie, This is the first thing I posted. So what kind of bike do you own? And do you have a motorcycle group to ride with?

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Welcome!! I copied this from another thread to help with posting pictures:

To post a picture in your siggy, your picture has to be uploaded to a website. http://www.photobucket.com is a great place to store pictures. Once the picture is uploaded to a site then you have to make sure it is within forum guidelines. Max. is 400x300 pixels. Once it is the right size go into your profile and down in the signature box type in
at the end of the properties. If you still need help feel free to pm me and I can help you out more.

Avatar pictures can be taken off your computer or uploaded to a website also! They can't be any larger then 80x80 pixels and a file size of no more then 5kb. If you don't know how to resize here is a great program to help you out. http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey and welcome to the forum. I'm from Northern Va. myself, Leesburg to be exact. I'd love a riding partner I usually fly solo.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome aboard! I believe there are about a half dozen people on this board from northern VA. Once it gets a bit warmer, I'd be game for a weekend ride somewhere.

Also, there is an annual Poker Run to benefit the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society in June that starts in Manassas, VA and goes out to the Shenandoah valley and back. About 115 miles. I did it last year and met some nice people on it. It will be June before you know it :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi and welcome to the group. I'm in Bristow, VA myself and would love to be a part of a riding group. Can't wait for it to warm up.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am close to you slamd

Hello SLAMD,

I am close to you by 15 minutes. I am near Purcellville. Maybe we could go riding or something. I just ordered my jacket online. I looked at Loudoun Motorsports first.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is Great

Well.. When the weather gets warmer I am game for riding so if you want to go riding just keep me posted. okie dokie

I just have to say what a bunch of nice people that have responded thus far. I am near Purcellville and if your interested in riding just contact me and maybe you can help me out there since it will be my first time riding my bike.. Not sure if I am ready to hit highways just yet, maybe lil roads and parkin lots lol..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lost Pictures

Some of you have posted pictures but I lost them is there any reason why i lost them.. They sort have disappeared.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea Loudoun Motorsports is a bit pricey when it comes to certain things. When it gets a little warmer out we will have to go riding, theres alot of great places around here.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dustin?

Do you have email address? You can just post me on yahoo or msn messenger I use those as well. Yes I would love to go riding.. Also I am looking for a pair of boots. There's a show comin up on February 7th I think or 9th.. in Maryland.. And a show on the 17th in Fredericksburg or York PA.. Take your pick. If you want to email me i can give you the particulars. Just post message me and Ill give you the information. There is also a riding group in leesburg too.. They meet at the Kings Court on Mondays I think its the 3rd Monday of the month.

·
Banned
28 Posts
mikec said:
Also, there is an annual Poker Run to benefit the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society in June that starts in Manassas, VA and goes out to the Shenandoah valley and back. About 115 miles. I did it last year and met some nice people on it. It will be June before you know it :)
when a date is set please post a note. i live in fredericksburg but would love to make the run.

welcome blueeyes2114 maybe we can make a no va hondashadow.net rally in the spring. lots of info for ya here don't be afraid to ask!

bill

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rally for Bill

Hey Bill,

That's not a bad idea. Maybe you could try to set one up.. Keep me posted and I will help anyway i can but that is a very good idea.

G

·
0 Posts
Re: Picture

blueeyes2114 said:
How do i get my picture on the bottom of my page. I dont have a url i cant take it off of..
You have to upload your photo to someplace on the web. Most here use photobucket.com Put the url/address in between these:
and add it to your profile. There's a profile button in the upper right corner when you're signed in. You'll want to add the picture to your signature.

Welcome to the forum :D There's lots of Virginia folks here. Click and join "usergroups" to see who we all are. We do some riding together. The rides will always be posted in the Rides and Events area of this site.

Have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Greetings, Salutations and other Warm Words of Welcome. Come join us in Central Virginia some time. :D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts