Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I just got my bike less than a week ago and I LOVE IT!!! I got a 1985 Shadow VT700. Its older, but still runs like a charm! I figured it would be a great starter bike. Anyway, the only thing I have really found wrong with it so far is that the speedometer doesn't work. I'm pretty sure all I need to do is change the speedometer cable, but not sure how to go about doing that. Does anyone have any tips?

For now what I have been doing is attaching my GPS to the gas tank. It shows my speed so I know I'm not speeding or not holding anyone back! It stays really well, but you never know if you hit a bump it may go flying! Anyway any advise about the speedometer or just riding in general would be greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Welcome to the horde.

Check the stickies for an owners and service manual pdf on your bike.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Welcome, post up some pics!

·
Premium Member
543 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
gps

Welcome, where's the pics???

I have a Garmin eTrex handheld GPS that I occasionally strap to the bars. I use it to check up on the speedo to make sure it's accurate. BTW, my speedo reads about 5 Mph high... Anyway, I use wire ties to securely strap it to the bars, then cut it loose when I'm done.

Later,

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your bike. I am confident you will find plenty of help here for all of your questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts