Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! This week I will hopefully be purchasing my first bike. I'm going to meet a guy on Tuesday to take a look at his '99 750 ACE Deluxe. It has 15K miles on it, which isn't too bad for being 8 years old. Is there anything from your experience that I should be looking for in particular with this bike? I want to make sure it's a good buy. Thanks for any help!

Ryan

·
Registered
231 Posts
Honda Shadow ACE 750cc

I bought my bike in end of November in Northern Virgina and it was 2002 Honda Shadow ACE750cc.. Excellent condition and only has 4550 miles on it and I paid $3,500.. People been sayin that was a good deal.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The ACE is an excellent bike, Good power for a 750 and it's really really easy to ride, even for a beginner. It is a very reliable machine and other then chain maintenance and Oil Changes is requires very little work on a regular basis.

Plus there are many many many accessories for this bike if you ever wanted to make it your own.

I have a 2000 ACE myself, and I love it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome from Bella Vista AR. Enjoy your bike, they're great bikes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ace

I bougth mine on Ebay for $3000.00 and it had 6000 miles on it Make sure you test drive it if you can. I test drove mine for 20 miles and then watched to see if there were any leaks/smoke/or funny noises that normally dont come with a bike. Also i checked the clutch for smoothness and the breaks to see if they were good. Other ACE owners will chime in on their thoughts and opinons....

I would go for it if it ran good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up an excellent 2002 ACE 750 with 6,000 miles (last July). Paid $4,200 but it came with Crash bars, highway pegs, Memphis windshield, Nice saddle bags, tank bag, and best og all an incredible Corbin seat. A lot of people paid less but I got over $1,000 of extra add ons with the bike.

Not a lick of trouble, great bike, its a keeper.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Look hard!

Besides taking it for a ride like the other guys said get real information about maintenance. PROOF of oil changes of coolant changes of tire replacement. Some of the other threads talk about time alone killing a tire. Try to avoid the heat of the moment so you won't be :cry:
Good Luck TRed2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts