Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I just purchased a '15 Shadow Phantom. I'm in Neptune, NJ and purchased mine from SRK Cycles in PA, went to take a look at it yesterday and took a short ride on it on their lot. it's being shipped my way in a few days. In July I took the beginner safety course and I can't wait to get it. I'm new to riding and I'll need practice on this one.

Not sure yet about any mods, but I would like to attach some good side or saddle boxes (not sure of correct terminology) to be able to carry a few things, and an owners/service manual for it.

Tom

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,113 Posts
Congrats on your new bike and welcome to the forum from West Chester, PA. Have fun, stay alert and ride often.

·
Registered
14 Posts
SRK has a good youtube channel. If you have not, you should check it out. I have a '15 Phantom too, got it in June. I did 4 things on mine so far:
1. Oil change and oil filter
2. Got Vance and Hines short Shots pipes and Super Quite baffles.
3. Mustang seat (Much more comfortable than stock)
4. New tires

Owners manual in available online and there is a sticky on the forum for the service manual. There is a little box behind the box on the right side(key side) for insurance papers, registration and tools. The cover pulls off.

You have a good looking bike, I absolutely love my phantom. It is a balanced bike. Power weight and size for me. I like sitting low, and I really like the stock handle bar and peg position. Works out well for me. I could ride all day. Congrats on the new bike!

Dan

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
621 Posts
Howdy PhantomSilver!

Good lookin' ride, congratulations!

For saddlebags, you may still be able to get Honda bags that bolt right on and match the style of the Phantom. If not, there are plenty of fine aftermarket bags available.

Practice the slow stuff as much as you can...everything else will fall into place.

(y)

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
6,448 Posts
Also look at crash bars or Hwy bars. Might keep you from denting the tank the first time the bike gets dropped. Believe me, there will be a first time and a few other times. Can't count the number of time I've done it over 50 + years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts