Honda Shadow Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
So far, ive replaced : the 2 coils( the readings on them were all over the place), brake fluids, master clutch, final drive oil(at least 15 years old) but without any metal shavings just looked very dirty, coolant, currently rebuilding my first carbs (waiting on overpriced orings for the float bowls) the float needle was stuck, however i didnt notice flooding in the engine so I think I got lucky, less wasteful bulb as I noticed halogen drains the battery incredibly fast. Im planning on changing the handlebars , I think this model is limited with the risers unless you drill something so I will most likely keep it very original but I want a meaner look. Im not sure I want to take everything off and sandblast the frame but I am considering it. I just love how simple all this is but until i get it to run im aware I can always face a surprise. Will definitely get a pro to fix that weld just because it should have never been that way. Motor cranks and ran on starter fluid for a few seconds before I took out the carbs so I think I am on the right track. Crossing fingers. I will keep updating my project for those who might be curious to see how this 800 model ends up. Cheers everyone for your precious data.

· Registered
61 Posts
Well now, here comes me, hello from Virginia. I owned my 88 800 for over 20 years and just sold it this summer, and there is still a place in my heart for the ol girl. That may be some rust from the old acid battery tube leaking and just got over looked. The new AGM batts, you don't have that problem any more. Bike looks to be in good condition, you have it down to the bones. If you need an original owners manual, I have one listed on eBay, in like new condition. Good Luck my friend.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts