Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i am a new rider and i recently bought a 1993 honda shadow vlx. The bike is is pretty good shape, only has about 5000 miles on it, was originaly bought for a women. Bike does have some chrome rust, and thr previous owner stated that he found some holes in the gas tank that he use a sealant to take care of. My question is simply where can i find a replacement tank for the bike, as i have searched high and low on the internet and have not been able to find one aside from buying direct from honda, however i do not want to spend 600 on a new tank. any suggestions? thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Welcome to the clan! Most good sealers will fix the problem forever. Has it started to leak again?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no it hasnt started to leak again, however i would like to swap the tank out maybe even go with a bigger tank. does anyone know if one from a newer model would work on a 93

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
no it hasnt started to leak again, however i would like to swap the tank out maybe even go with a bigger tank. does anyone know if one from a newer model would work on a 93
A 93 and the tank rusted through? Where was this bike being stored, on the Titanic?

As Steve mentioned, try ebay for a replacement. While your wasting riding time on the computer why not post some pics of the bike? Not those F'n thumbnails though, we're a lazy bunch here and don't like jumping around to see pics.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and to a great hobby... we look forward to your stories... AND GOOD PICS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts