Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im James from Midlothian Virginia (near Richmond). I am the new owner of a 1988 Honda Shadow VT800C. I picked it up from a buddy of mine. The only riding I have done with it is trailering it straight to the shop. I expect to have it back in early September. I hope to be able to get some advice and assistance with parts and I'd appreciate the opportunity to converse with some like minded folks. I am new to motorcycling, but its something i have wanted to do since i was a little kid. My experience is limited to the motorcycle safety foundation basic rider class, but i am excited to learn more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

ill try to post a photo...
carbs are gummed up. there is also an issue with the clutch which we are still looking into. other than that, general maintenance. tires, battery, fluids...
ive been looking for carburator insulators, but they are no longer made. will probably use radiator hose instead. hopefully we can get access to all the other parts we need.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.