Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome!
I second the MSF if you haven't done so already, there are also a few books and some good websites for traffic safety. I'll try to get a list together later and post.
What part of Florida are you from?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome and I agree about the msf and find a large parking lot and practice, practice, practice.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am located in homestead, about 5 minutes from the keys. lol im pretty south. i do have access to a large parking lot (empty 90%) of the year. i dont think i will be riding on the road at least until the summer to get in some decent experience. thanks for the msf course.

is it required to have a motorcycle license? does this exist or is my regular license enough?>

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Pick up a copy of Porficient Motorcycling by David Hough
and the DVD "Ride Like a Pro" by Jerry Paladino.
Both will help you alot and are well worth the few bucks they cost.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I felt just like you the first few times. I stayed on the sidestreets and practiced in church parking lots. Eventually your confidence builds. I also recommend the MSF course and Motorman Paladino's CD.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Look in tech, there have been several discussions recently actually they may still be ongoing. But there is a product called POR-15 that is supposed to be just the thing for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts