Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bummer, thanks guys, I figured it wouldn't, but wanted to make sure.
AeroCapDave: lOVE THE BIKE, BEAUTIFUL. The seat rail makes it!! They stopped making those for the 1100 I have discovered, any idea where I can find one? Which seat is that on your bike? Looks great.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
AeroCapDave: lOVE THE BIKE, BEAUTIFUL. The seat rail makes it!! They stopped making those for the 1100 I have discovered, any idea where I can find one? Which seat is that on your bike? Looks great.
Search Ebay and you should be able to find the seat rail for your Aero.

Also, look into meancitycycles.com for seat modification to make it more comfortable. It is an affordable option. They also offer custom seat covers starting at $125.00.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Welcome, Nice ride! You did good posting pics!
Coop

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome ...nice color on that Aero! I tried a Mustang seat but it pushed me to far forward for me as I am 5'11. I have a saddlemen explorer special seat that will be here 7-11-11. I talked to other people with this same bike and if your my height or taller you won't like the position with the Mustang. How many miles does your Aero have?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Ref, looks like my bikes twin!! Mine has 8K, well almost 9 now :)
The first owner babied it, garaged it and appears, never rode it. All good for me. It is showroom clean (with 1 little ding on the front fender).
Took a 4 hr PCH ride today, it was great. Feeling really good riding .

Good Looking saddlebags, mine should be here next week.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yea got my bike last August and it had 7,600 miles on it ...almost got 11,000 now. What kind of bags are you getting?

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
I have heard that the Saddlemen seats are close to what Corbin offers.

Other than the Corbin seat I had on my '83 VT750C, I can not recommend them. I had one on my Tourer when I bought it and took it off and put the stock seat on as soon as I got it home because it crushed my nuts too badly. The Corbin was a nut-buster and a ass-blaster for me on the Tourer.

The Corbin on my '83? Pure comfort.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts

The natives like their pictures big.

Actually my seat is a LePera I purchased from DennisKirk.com. Type H50-083 in their search window and a list of solo seats will appear. My seat will be in there, but mine has been recovered in two-tone leather. Keep in mind that these seats are not bike specific and need some modifications to the bike for installation.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. True, the seat rail is no longer made. New, they cost about $250. Used they sell for $150 or so. I was lucky and bought mine for $10 (plus $10 for shipping!!). I got lucky, but I had spent quite some time looking on C.L. for the deal, so keep your eyes peeled.

The seat is the stock one, as the rail only bolts to the stock seat mount. One can modify the stock seat (as someone in this thread mentioned). I have an extra seat pan that I intend to make into a custom seat. Here is how the rail is mounted (as well as a custom solo rack for the rear fender):

The seat on Kinshead's bike is really cool. I have seen it in person. A set up like his is definitely possible on an Aero, but you will need to do some fabrication. Perhaps Martin has some pictures of how it was done. He is a really cool guy and very helpful.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found a seat rail!! :) Ebay had a used one for 114.00.
Will be here Monday :)
I still need to have my seat customized to be more comfy, but I have done a few long rides now and have pretty much gotten used to it....
Will post pics once installed.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Search Ebay and you should be able to find the seat rail for your Aero.

Also, look into meancitycycles.com for seat modification to make it more comfortable. It is an affordable option. They also offer custom seat covers starting at $125.00.
Def +1 on Mean City Cycles

1 - 16 of 16 Posts