Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new saddleman tour special seat on my 1989 honda shadow vt1100 but now my stock backrest will not fit.The passenger part of the seat is wider than the stock passenger pad.Does any body have any ideas, like maybe a bracket kit or another backrest that will fit with the new seat,thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm having the same issue, I put a Mustang seat on my 03 spirit and the old sissy bar was pinching the seat so badly I had to remove it. I've seen several pics of cobra sissy bars with bigger passenger seats that seem to fit with no problem, but I'm not wanting to order one online until I'm sure it will fit. Anyone here an expert on this?

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Pics of the seat/backrest issue may help. We have some REALLY creative people on here!
Coop

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Any metal shop with some 1/8" to 3/16" aluminum scrap should be able to make an adapter plate. Doglegs done in a metal brake will address wider/narrower issues. Polish or a scuff sand, self-etching NAPA rattle can primer then paint and you are in business.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update backrest will not fit

I just wanted to update my post about the stock backrest that would not fit over the new saddleman seat that i installed. Instead of trying to go strat down over the seat to install the backrest, i slide from the rear by the tail light. I got the back to screws started, then tilted the backrest forward and installed the other two screws.It pinched the seat a little but not to bad. The wife sat on it and said it felt fine and that is the opinion that counts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.