Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note to say Hello to the board.

Just pick up a 93 Black and Chrome VT 1100, and am brand new to the board, but not new to riding. Retired, have never been without at least one bike since I was 15, just sold a PC800, and two days later got the Shadow. The Shadow is to be a second, around town type ride, as the primary tourer is an 1800 Goldwing. Wife and I cover about 15000 miles a year on the wing, and I usually get about 10000 more on additional bikes. Home is the south Oregon coast, and tour area is western half the country. Here is what it looked like last Tuesday on its way home between rain showers.

G

·
0 Posts
Howdy, and welcome to the forum. :D

Goldwings have been a favorite, here lately. 8)

Most of us, love all type of bikes, just a lot of friendly ribbing going on between friends.

And you got it right. You posted a pic, you pass. :wink:

BTW, nice 1100 you have there!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Black Shadow,

Welcome to the board. You're find lots of good people and information and fun too.

Nice Shadow, we like wings too so don't forget to post a pic of it as we would love to see it.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Welcome to the Forum 93, Nice bike.
Glad to hear you have an 1800. I just bought a 2001 1800. Saturday was my first full day ride on it.
My shadow is a 750cc Ace. I have rode wings more than anything else and I guess I just cannot get used to the vtwin chain drive. I am constantly thinking something is out of balance.
I rolled the Ace into storage today. Not 100% sure I want to sell it just yet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a bunch of Wingers here, too.

Here is a pict of the wing this fall in the California Trinitly Alps

and here is a picture of the Pacific Coast that just went to a new home

But I decided to try a cruiser type bike for awhile. Last one I had was a 1998 Vulcan 88, and it was kind of fun for a joy ride bike. Never had a Shadow before this one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How can you guy's sell your PC's? I remember "back in the day" thinking they were the coolest things on wheels. Guess that's why they only made them for what, two years? :) :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Golly - really appreciate the big welcome. I get the feeling this is an awesome bunch of people. Ashadowrider, my wing is an 01, got it new when they first came out in October 00. Got 80,000 on it now. Here is part the local group of misfits I ride with here, and this was Saturday between rain showers and cleaning up the Shadow. We went for a ride up the beach to keep the dust from settling all over the tank. Left to right, they are 01, 03, 02, 04.

Wolverine, the PC600s really are on of the neater bikes ever made. I had two of them for quite a while - red one for my wife to ride, and a white one for our daughter to take. Son-in-law has a 95 GL1500SE white. But both girls decided they would rather be passangers and flower sniffers rather than fight the traffic, so sold both of them. But one hung around quite a while, because I thought they were ust too much fun. Those PCs will run all day with a wing, and are every bit as comfortable, just a little lighter and easier to ride. This was the white one -

They started in 89 quit making them in 90 for lack of sales, then started again in 94, changed them a little in 97 and quit for good in 98. They caught on big time in Europe - something like a mega-scooter. But under all that plastic and lipstick lurks the heart of a 800 Shadow, and just as tough.

But am having a good time with the Shadow, it is a different type of ride than the PC or the Wing. Breezier, more laid back, but I am having to learn what a transmission is used for. That 50hp V Twin has a different power curve than a 130hp flat 6. When did they switch from drum to disk rear binders?

·
Registered
335 Posts
93 Black Shadow said:
When did they switch from drum to disk rear binders?
Never.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome! I just about bought a PC800 before I bought my ACE750. I use my bike for in town commuting/running around. I loved the PC800's trunk. I took one for a test drive and found the seating position too upright for me. Then I sat on a new Aero 750 in the local dealership and loved the way it felt. Started looking for one in my price range shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
79 Posts
How-Do :)

Welcome :)

Great site, I know you will enjoy.

Ted

1 - 17 of 17 Posts