Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2001 VT750 Shadow Spirit
357 Posts
I have been using the Shinko Tourmaster with no premature wear. I haven't tried the SR999. Anyone up for being first with a review?
I'm up for being the guinea pig If you want to be so kind and gift me a set for Christmas.

· Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,644 Posts
I would too!!! I will even pull the triple 7’s to try them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it does, what's the price for a set?
Dennis Kirk list’s the tires in different sizes but not all of them are in stock, a 170/80/15 runs around $170 so it’s a higher priced tire for sure.
Font Rectangle Parallel Technology Screenshot

Reactions: kesanders

· Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,644 Posts
How do you like them? I really like mine and would purchase them again.
I like the 777’s, unfortunately the HD’s are not available in my stock sizes. I may try something else next time. Will probably end up in what kind of mood I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kesanders

· Registered
11,269 Posts
Nice looking tread. The name kind of hints that they’re trying to make up for their reputation of premature wear… 🤔
The tires don't wear prematurely, they just don't last as long as other tires made with harder material. World of difference when I had them installed. They are soft, but they grip like a gorilla fist. (I forget what 'model' Shinkos they are).

· Registered
493 Posts
Wonder what the difference between the SR999 and the 777 HD is?
I just got 16,347 miles out of a set of the 777 HD tires.
Yes I should have replaced them at probably 14 or 15K as the bike's handling had really deteriorated, but they were still round and held air... :cool:

It is so nice having a fresh set of tires!

· Registered
'83 VT750C; ‘21 SV650A
3,606 Posts
The tires don't wear prematurely, they just don't last as long as other tires made with harder material. World of difference when I had them installed. They are soft, but they grip like a gorilla fist. (I forget what 'model' Shinkos they are).
S’what I meant, only ‘soft‘ and ‘hard’ are relative terms, these days. I remember when a car tire with a 5-600 wear rating meant it was hard as a rock with little grip. Now, that’s the norm for a ‘performance’ all-season, with tires in the 800 range that still aren’t too bad!

Sort of like the miracles Michelin wrings out of their Commander and Road lines…

· Registered
11,269 Posts
S’what I meant, only ‘soft‘ and ‘hard’ are relative terms, these days. I remember when a car tire with a 5-600 wear rating meant it was hard as a rock with little grip. Now, that’s the norm for a ‘performance’ all-season, with tires in the 800 range that still aren’t too bad!

Sort of like the miracles Michelin wrings out of their Commander and Road lines…
Had a Commander on my VStar 1300 and couldn't swap it out fast enough. Back end slid and squirmed more in that one year than in 12 years of owning the bike. Got the Shinkos and haven't looked back. Apparently, they are best suited for heavier bikes. At 650 ready to ride, my bike was a touch too light to get the most out of those tires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts