Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11,299 Posts
Nice looking tread. The name kind of hints that they’re trying to make up for their reputation of premature wear… 🤔
The tires don't wear prematurely, they just don't last as long as other tires made with harder material. World of difference when I had them installed. They are soft, but they grip like a gorilla fist. (I forget what 'model' Shinkos they are).

· Registered
11,299 Posts
S’what I meant, only ‘soft‘ and ‘hard’ are relative terms, these days. I remember when a car tire with a 5-600 wear rating meant it was hard as a rock with little grip. Now, that’s the norm for a ‘performance’ all-season, with tires in the 800 range that still aren’t too bad!

Sort of like the miracles Michelin wrings out of their Commander and Road lines…
Had a Commander on my VStar 1300 and couldn't swap it out fast enough. Back end slid and squirmed more in that one year than in 12 years of owning the bike. Got the Shinkos and haven't looked back. Apparently, they are best suited for heavier bikes. At 650 ready to ride, my bike was a touch too light to get the most out of those tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts