Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had new tires put on last week and my mechanic said my sprockets are worn. There are so many out there, I was wondering about what's best? Probably replace chain too. Thanks

· Registered
65 Posts
If you replace the sprockets it's good to replace the chain too. I mount a DID kit (sprockets+chain) on my 600 and it has 25.000km (16k miles, aprox) and is in good condition.

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,928 Posts
Changing mine now...
;)coffee break... ;)
Chain & sprocket set is the way I do it too...
Key word = set!

JT and DID is this install, I`ve tried many over the years...
Although the Regina chain looks pretty with its gold links, I returned to OEM stuff...
123,000 miles and several sets used...
Bike master didn`t "cut the mustard" neither;)

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,928 Posts
Ain`t run up on this before with any of the others I`ve used...
BUT this DID came without O-rings for the masterlink???
Double checking instructions, none mentioned???

HMMM???
Puzzling!

· Registered
376 Posts
JT sprockets and Renthal chains is all I'll use on my dirt bikes. I'm surprised to see DID over Renthal as the preferred choice here. Is it a street bike thing?

· Registered
9,268 Posts
JT and DID here also. I've got the x-ring chain. Havent had to adjust it since I put it on a bunch of miles ago. Like 1-1/2 years ago. Still right where it should be.

· Registered
376 Posts

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,928 Posts
This is my first DID chain, it was bought for me...
I find chain & sprocket sets on e bay, or order from the local Indy bike shops...
All the sets I`ve bought have JT sprockets with whatever namebrand chain with them...
I think I`ve bought 4?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.