Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There is another storm system moving in today. Supposed to last for the next three days. We seem to be averaging about a foot of snow a week these days. I guess that's why they call it winter.

Happy Trails!

sanoke

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
unfortunetlly your foot of snow is our 6" of rain, sigh.

at least this weekend may actually be good for a nice long ride, before the rain hits us.

8)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
If you can believe, it will be wild weather again tonight in SoCal. They are forecasting record cold overnight and record winds in the morning. Glad it is happening while I can’t ride instead of while I could. :?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah, the residents from Albuquerque got their dose of the last one also. 14 inches in one day was an all time record. Here's a couple of photos from a friend of mine who lives there:

·
Registered
932 Posts
There is another storm system moving in today. Supposed to last for the next three days. We seem to be averaging about a foot of snow a week these days. I guess that's why they call it winter.
It sounds like your storm will hit us couple days later. We haven't been hit too bad yet this year, but some in central Nebraska some have been without electricity since December 31 when a bad ice storm took down power lines and poles. :( The temp has been somewhat survivable since then, but we are supposed to get down below zero next week.

I'm thankful for electricity and heat.

·
Registered
628 Posts
pics

We, in the Northeast, have not seen one white, flurry this winter. And you are capturing these great shots. Very jealous on the East coast.

Great pics.

Jim

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sanoke, every cloud has a silver lining; the skiing up here in Summit county will be great next week thanks to this storm.

Its usually too crowded to mess with getting out on the weekends anyway (who wants to be in long lift lines), great timing by the storm, so the drill up here is to relax, enjoy, because when the weather clears the slopes are covered in fresh powder.

john
'05 Sabre

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Re: pics

Donald1684 said:
We, in the Northeast, have not seen one white, flurry this winter. And you are capturing these great shots. Very jealous on the East coast.

Great pics.

Jim
Where were you yesterday, Jim? It flurried for about ten minutes in Cranbury around 9:15am. My wife works at Rutgers Cook College in New Brunswick and she said it flurried quite heavily there for about 20 minutes.

Nothing stuck...

·
Registered
236 Posts
lonestarrider said:
Yup another storm, another bunch of 16 hour+ days in the stuff. Gotta love it.
Yep, we are getting the leftovers of the storm. 25 degrees outside and rain freezing on the roads. I feel for those who have to work out in it. Its the cold weather without even the payoff of snow. :?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
kingham said:
lonestarrider said:
Yup another storm, another bunch of 16 hour+ days in the stuff. Gotta love it.
Yep, we are getting the leftovers of the storm. :?
Its made its way down here. I went home for lunch and it was sunny and 65 degrees, so I rode my bike back to work. The temps have dropped over 20 degrees in less than 2 hours and the clouds have blown in. Supposed to be freezing rain tonight. I guess I better take off towards home, park the scooter and go hang out at the bar and bet on the ponies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts