Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been tossing around the idea of removing the stock tank decal from my bike and replacing it with something more modern. I really like the phantom logo but I wanted to put my own spin on it. Since this bike is known as "Holly" here is what I came up with. What do you guys think?

Old Decal:

New Decal Design:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, i know that it is under the clearcoat but that doesnt bother me. I have done enough with paint and clear that I would feel comfortable diving in.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The decal design looks good, looks like a very similar font to the "Shadow" I had on the Spirit. Removing the old decal beneath the clear coat isn't too bad either, just takes a bit of heat and a sharp edge to get it started..I found the sanding part to be a bit tricky myself. Definitely give us an update when you get every thing done.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The font is the same as the "Shadow" that appears on the Spirits and Aeros. I took the original logo and chopped it into separate letters in Photoshop. I hacked off pieces of existing letters to make the letters that were missing. Then I pushed it all back together and added the outline. I was pretty happy with the results. Now all I have to do is have it printed up at a decal place down the road and get to work. Thanks for the comments guys!

Doug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.