Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible to make a thread or part of the forum similar to technical issues for (Issues Resolved) or something named similar? It would be nice to have a resolution page for completed repairs. There are many links for similar issues and different chains of threads to diagnose the issues. If there was a thread for resolved issues, completed repairs etc. then it could make it easier to find previous threads and see what the final repair was. I would suggest the whole chain of threads be moved if it were possible to see the steps towards the final outcome and what the final outcome was if this at all is possible. This is a great forum, keep up the good work.

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,828 Posts
The problem I see is that if the thread originator is not updating their original thread with a resolution the likelihood of them starting a new thread in a new section is pretty slim. Not to mention spreading any useful information across various sections of the forum. I can also predict that we would see an increase in Tech questions being posted in the this new section resulting in even more work moving threads around. A perfect example is this community help section. I have moved dozen of threads asking for mechanical help from this section. I would personally advocate for having members revisit their tech threads with any resolution updates versus having a new section.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,839 Posts
On my Google Gmail when I send a message and the other person doesn't respond in a 2-3 days it shows a nudge to see if I want to pursue a futher conversation or remind them. Would it be easy to send a nudge to ones who ask for information and then never get back? Just a computer message to click on DONE, or something simple?
Just a thought.

Reactions: kesanders

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it was complicated. I like Swifty's simple suggestion. I guess if all of us would just give final feed back on what worked would also help. Thanks

·
Administrator
807 Posts
I would hope if you helped people they would return, maybe post to help others too. I would want to talk to all the mod/admin team to make a call on something like this. They after all will be tasked with helping manage this.
-Philip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts