Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have been lurking around this site for some time now and joined up a few days ago. I thought it was about time to introduce myself. My name is Magnus and I am an Icelander living in Denmark due to bad economics and work conditions in Iceland.

For the last 30 years or so I have been dreaming about getting myself a bike. But I never had the time or money and maybe more importantly, my wife doesn't share my interest. So when I turned 50 last summer I started thinking that if I´m going to do this at all, it will better be soon. After many "discussions":wink: and calculations with the wife we came to an understanding. And I got my bike.:D:D:D

December 2, I bought a 1983 (reg. '84)Honda VT500c Shadow. Beautiful little 1 owner bike that has 63000 kilometers behind it. I'm still waiting to pick it up from storage since the weather is still to bad for riding. Also my insurance dosn´t cover me yet. But in 2 weeks I'm bringing it home one way or the other. Dreaming and waiting is about over and I'm looking forward to a lot of fun times this coming summer.

I think this site is just awsome. People sharing their experiances and knowledge like this is the icing on the cake for me in all of this. I'm learning alot by reading the posts here and know that this forum is going to help me heaps in the future. Thank you to all of you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome.

Most riders buy insurence from March through October over here. I haven´t been here long (18 months) but as I understand it, and these past 2 summers that I have been here, weather is fairly good most of that time. High season is from May to September with mostly dry weather and 18-30 °C. There are no mountains here but lots of beautiful costal and forrest areas. Pleanty of space to have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts