Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to Shadows and new to riding altogether. I bought a vt1100c a few weeks ago and have been on it everyday since. Looking to get some nice loud pipes anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud. i'm not a fan of loud pipes... but there are plenty out there for you to choose from.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Welcome aboard. Post a pic of your ride. Loud pipes = rejet plus less gas mileage. Maybe see a small increase in power. Good luck. Lots of threads around here about pipes.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome to the cult. I don't have aftermarket pipes on my bike but I'm really digging these:
Vance & Hines: Performance Exhaust Systems

Thinking I might get them after the bags, windscreen, crash bar, and grips

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Welcome. There are plenty of choices for pipes. Surf on over to cruisercustomizing.com or jpcycles.com for some web shopping. Kindly post up some photos of your ride when you can.

We trudge on.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill get a pic up in the next few days, Thanks for all the welcomes and advice. The loud pipes are more for safety then anything else, too many cars around here, need to make sure they know i'm around.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome Dorfman! I'm new around here too. But been riding a Shadow VT1100C since I bought it new in '07. And I love mine. I's taken me to many places comfortably. Unlike my old Interceptor. And like you I wanted loud pipes right off the bat. And I spent about 500 bucks on a nice set of DG Hard Chrome Strippers for my Shadow. They are really nice pipes look great and are real loud. I spent another 200 bucks on rejetting with Dyno Jets. And another 50 for a good K&N filter so it can breath properly. They come lean as **** from the factory and very restricted to pass EPA emissions. I got at least a 15-20 HP noticable increase also. But don't throw out you stock quiet pipes either. All that noise gets annoying at times. I put my quiet pipes on for my trip to the mountains last week so I wouldn't have to listen to all that deceleration popping and snapping on the declines. But as soon as I got home I put em right back on. Easy to change. Food for thought my friend. Enjoy you new bike!

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Welcome Dorfman! I'm new around here too. But been riding a Shadow VT1100C since I bought it new in '07. And I love mine. I's taken me to many places comfortably. Unlike my old Interceptor. And like you I wanted loud pipes right off the bat. And I spent about 500 bucks on a nice set of DG Hard Chrome Strippers for my Shadow. They are really nice pipes look great and are real loud. I spent another 200 bucks on rejetting with Dyno Jets. And another 50 for a good K&N filter so it can breath properly. They come lean as **** from the factory and very restricted to pass EPA emissions. I got at least a 15-20 HP noticable increase also. But don't throw out you stock quiet pipes either. All that noise gets annoying at times. I put my quiet pipes on for my trip to the mountains last week so I wouldn't have to listen to all that deceleration popping and snapping on the declines. But as soon as I got home I put em right back on. Easy to change. Food for thought my friend. Enjoy you new bike!
Those are some great looking pipes just like you said.............oh wait.........I can't see them..............no picture noob!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Kingshead Sir. And Yes Shnur, they are quite loud. Louder than my neighbors Harley. But they sound so sweet on the Throttle. They have a very unique note to them, inner pipe has louvered outer baffle plain. Not quite straight pipes, but close as I want to come to them. Sometimes, when I'm in a quiet mood I throw on the stock pipes, but they are too quiet. Sounds like a vtwin sewing machine, all you here is the tranny whine. These pipes roar like a bike should. But they may aggravate your neighbors lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts