Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Very new to the bike world. Purchased my 1st 1999 Honda Aero 1100 on 1/30. I have Knowledge of auto repair so i went ahead and changed the oil and filter. new plugs, and added a little coolant to her. inspected the air filter, crank case breather, fuse panel, most of what was shown in my Aero Manual. as for the rest. it's an awesome bike. it just hit the 10,000 mile mark yesterday. I own another honda 97 accord so i know these beauties can take a lickin and keep on tickin... But Please if you have a comment in regards to more maintainence tips please leave them.
I am still learning how to ride as well. I've been riding main roads but avoiding the Freeway, signing up for a basic bike course this month so i can get the M on my license

anyways, thanks for reading.

Attachments

· Registered
11,303 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting some pics. We are starved for entertainment as we plow through the doldrums of February.

The owner's manual will cover the very basic stuff you need to keep up on. Poke around online for a free download of the appropriate repair manual for your bike. They are out there in pdf format and are very helpful.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found that service manual.
Good stuff. Everything seems so basic. Leaving the carbs alone... lol
Good thing too cause I snapped my clutch cable yesterday. Going to install the new one today :+1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.