Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to everything motorcycles. I brought a '05 Shadow Spirit 1100 in July but trying to understand the different things that I need to do for the winter. I have a carport not a garage. Other than connecting a float charger up to it and adding Stabil to the gas tank with a cover over it.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. There is a thread in the technical section called " Storeology", or something similar and there is lots of info about storing your bike, so check it out.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. There is a thread in the Technical section called "Storeology" or something like that. It's got lots of information about storing your bike. Check it out.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Don't overthink it too much. Keep the battery charged and protect the fuel from going stale is really the two big ones. Keep fuel tank "full" is another. There are lots of other things you can do but may or may not be necessary. Depends on how long you plan to keep it stored.

·
Registered
‘00 Valkyrie Interstate, ‘01 Spirit 1100, 99 VLX
1,341 Posts
Yup, check the Storeology thread. A lot depends on where you are in the country. Here in Houston, there is no winter to speak of, so riding year round.

Welcome to HSN! Safe to assume you're retired US Navy?

CB

·
Registered
607 Posts
I am new to everything motorcycles. I brought a '05 Shadow Spirit 1100 in July but trying to understand the different things that I need to do for the winter. I have a carport not a garage. Other than connecting a float charger up to it and adding Stabil to the gas tank with a cover over it.
you don't say where you're located, but what you mentioned is all I do (I have a garage though). we get the occasional warm day here (it's 65 right now. only getting over a cold is keeping me from riding), so I feel like that's all I need. I can hop on it and take advantage of a good day, top the tank back off (and add more stabil if I used enough gas) hook the charger back up and wait for the next chance, or spring if need be. so far it's been enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts