Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife finally agreed to let me get a motorcycle. I found a great deal a 1985 Shadow VT500C with less than 7k miles. Love it and hope that this forum will be helpful in getting repair and improvement advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

Kingshead, is there something I'm missing regarding making the pictures larger?

Anyone, are there known issues with the '85 VT500C that I need to watch for? I have done lots of work on trucks over the years, but never bikes. All the running parts on the bike seem to be in great condition, just need to work on the chrome and cosmetics, but if there are parts known to fail it would be nice to know ahead of time.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Use a photobucket account, they're free. Upload pics to account, hover over desired pic, share, get img code, full size, select all, copy, then paste in post. This will also work in the edit signature window and we see your ride in every post.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I can probably do it with the imageshack account I use for my business website. I'll have to fiddle with it soon.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome, I've got that "new rider" smell too. Back after 30 years. John
Somehow I don't think the new rider smell smells the same as the new car smell!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.