Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm excited to join the forum and look forward to good times and good friends. I've done a fair bit of browsing the forum and everyone here seems like a great bunch! I'll try to contribute as much as I can.

I'm new to the forum but not so new to riding, nor to riding Shadows. I recently accquired my current bike ('94 Shadow 1100) after over a year and a half without two wheels (oh that hurt!). That year and a half is probably the longest I've gone without a bike since I was 17, I've had a few dirt bikes and several street bikes, including an '86 Virago 700 and two other Shadows. The first Shadow I owned was "the first Shadow", an '83 500, then an '86 700. The Virago was a very nice bike, but I often found myself comparing it to My second Shadow of the same year and displacement. Needless to say, when I sold the Virago, I knew that the next street bike I'd own would be a Shadow. Now I can't really see me riding anything else...except maybe a VTX.

Ride safe and keep the sun at your back so you can always see your "Shadow" :lol:

Scott

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to our forum. We have alot of good people here. I like your paint. I have a 94 1100 also. I put T-bars on it and I love them. Best modification I have made.
Welcome Again,

dkight

·
Registered
448 Posts
Great White,

Welcome to the forum.

If we see our shadow it must mean spring is here right! I'm sure that will make some of us very happy.

I'm pretty lucky living in Florida, we get to ride year round.

·
Registered
949 Posts
hunter58 said:
Great White,

Welcome to the forum.

If we see our shadow it must mean spring is here right! I'm sure that will make some of us very happy.

when you aren't rebuilding.......or treading water.....

I lived in Florida for a while. :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
shrek said:
hunter58 said:
Great White,

Welcome to the forum.

I hear ya. I've been lucky where I'm at but others have not been so.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great White - Welcome. And that bike looks like the one that was on Craigs list that I called on, and it was sold before I got there. Think it came from Springfield?

Anyway, got another one from the same area the next week.

Nice to see another Soggy Orygunian on the board.

·
Registered
448 Posts
shrek said:
hunter58 said:
Great White,

Welcome to the forum.

Shrek,

Not to be outdone here's a pic of one of my kids.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Howdy....from Texas .......... we too live in Florida 1 week out of the year -- when it gets to HOT to survive in Texas.........

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
93 Black Shadow said:
Great White - Welcome. And that bike looks like the one that was on Craigs list that I called on, and it was sold before I got there. Think it came from Springfield?

Anyway, got another one from the same area the next week.

Nice to see another Soggy Orygunian on the board.
Hi Black Shadow, I did find my bike on CL in the Eugene area. I saw an ad for a black shadow around the same time, it was in Pleasant Hill I think, is that the one you got? Can't wait for sun!!

Thanks to everyone for all the warm welcomes.
We'll take all the warmth we can get up here in the drizzely NW. :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome, the white shadows look the best! Congrats on your new ride.

GreatWhiteShadow said:
Ride safe and keep the sun at your back so you can always see your "Shadow" :lol:

Scott
Actually, if you see your shadow in front of you be careful...cars coming at you or sitting at an intersection ahead of you are being blinded by the sun when they look your way, and are much more likely to pull out/turn in front of you!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
What can I say that has not been said already, but Welcome. Looking forward to reading some of your posts and hopefully a good selection of pics as well.

Cheers
Dragoon
:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone, I don't have too many pics yet, but plan on getting some good ones. I've already started planning some good long day trips for spring & summer.

Hey Taranis & Dragoon, Sweeeeet rides...my first two Shadows were the same red color (or close). So I'm kinda partial to the red Shadows too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts