Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New to the Shadow seen but old fart with lots of bikes. Just picked up a 2001 Shadow Spirit 750 project. Well I picked up someones unfinished project. So some parts lost including keys and ownership but supper low price. Only 3 big parts missing both side panels and front fender. I did hot wire it to make sure it ran. Only 5820 km about 3600 miles. Bike needs full tune-up plug wires everything, chains rusty, tires are like hockey pucks and the missing parts. Just going stock for now. Bike came with a box of spares including all signals and seat.

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
193 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice start for a project. My bike looked something like that when new. Easy bikes to ride, maintain and modify if you so intend to. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,963 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy GVH! Looks like you've got your work cut out for ya!

(y)
Hardest part will be ownership. One office I have to email MTO and wait for my appointment email with a date 3 weeks away. Otherwise line up at the other at 6 am and hope to get in that day. This is just to get UVIP history package of the bike. Then track the owner down or sworn affidavit saying I tried all options with proof. COVID-19 really slowing thing’s down

also all parts January to February if ordered now. To top it off eBay sellers asking more for used than new from dealer. Front fender is $211 cdn from dealer. $250 + on eBay or salvage yards. Anyone have a nice white one

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the keys cut. All locks use the same keys :) Gas tank is Full to the brim with nasty old varnishy gas. But this does mean no rusty tank.

Ohya didn't find a chain guard in the box of spares. Another part to find

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all. New to the Shadow seen but old fart with lots of bikes. Just picked up a 2001 Shadow Spirit 750 project. Well I picked up someones unfinished project. So some parts lost including keys and ownership but supper low price. Only 3 big parts missing both side panels and front fender. I did hot wire it to make sure it ran. Only 5820 km about 3600 miles. Bike needs full tune-up plug wires everything, chains rusty, tires are like hockey pucks and the missing parts. Just going stock for now. Bike came with a box of spares including all signals and seat.

View attachment 291086
Hey there brother, I just joined the group..had a vlx deluxe many years ago..not a powerful bike, but a hella fun ride.. had to sell due to divorce..My girlfriend found a spirit 750 for sale, cheap.. needs some work, but I was looking for a project. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on it and get to work on it...I'm looking forward to picking the members brain on issues I can't figure out. Been a long while since I had my fists in the wind.. I have been riding my girlfriend's kawi Vulcan s for a few days and I realized just how much I missed it.. glad to be here, and glad all of you are here as well.
Thanx.

·
Registered
11 Posts

View attachment 291086
Hey there brother, I just joined the group..had a vlx deluxe many years ago..not a powerful bike, but a hella fun ride.. had to sell due to divorce..My girlfriend found a spirit 750 for sale, cheap.. needs some work, but I was looking for a project. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on it and get to work on it...I'm looking forward to picking the members brain on issues I can't figure out. Been a long while since I had my fists in the wind.. I have been riding my girlfriend's kawi Vulcan s for a few days and I realized just how much I missed it.. glad to be here, and glad all of you are here as well.
Thanx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts