Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been an active reader of a lot of threads and posts here on the site, but have never actually posted something. So now I want to start posting. I have a 2007 Honda shadow 750 Spirit. Love it! I've done a few mods already.. here is my list so far in order of what was done first.

Cobra Streetrod Slashdown pipes
Kuryakyn ISO grips with throttle boss
Pro-One Performance mirrors
Kuryakyn Mini LED turn signals, Front and rear
Cat-Eye tail light
9.5'' stuts
Progressive Fork springs with lowering kit

here is a current picture.. I will post more pictures soon..

I do have one question if anyone can help me out. My next project is to cut and shape my rear fender. I have heard a bunch of different things, but was hoping someone can give me some good tips on sanding the rough edge after cutting and making it look good. thanks for the help in advance..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
You need to show off that bike:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome. good lookin' ride.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
nice scoot very well done -
as far as cut fender - plastic ?
i did my stock one for shlts an giggles waiting for my new steel fender
taped fender with blue painters tape
had to draw the curve i wanted
scored with razor knife
then just kept on razor it until it cut threw
deeper cuts everytime i did it
took a long time but the cut was clean smooth and didnt need sanding -
but then i threw it out for the steel fender lol so it was just wasted time

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome- very nice bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice scoot very well done -
as far as cut fender - plastic ?
i did my stock one for shlts an giggles waiting for my new steel fender
taped fender with blue painters tape
had to draw the curve i wanted
scored with razor knife
then just kept on razor it until it cut threw
deeper cuts everytime i did it
took a long time but the cut was clean smooth and didnt need sanding -
but then i threw it out for the steel fender lol so it was just wasted time

I have seen you post in other threads and I LOVE your bike. I do have a couple additional questions for you. where did you get your seat and your fender. I have seen a shop on ebay who does steel fenders but was hoping to shop around. Though about doing a trailer fender, but would rather buy something that is already in somewhat good condition to work with.. Also I noticed you have smaller risers and different bars...I think.. How do you like the straight shorter risers? do you feel you lean forward more? I'm really debating whether I want to stay with a drag bar or go with some good looking ape hangers.. can't make up my mind.. oh and thanks for the tip on the fender.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
thanks ! the whole set up can be found on www.bluecollarbobbers.com
trailer fenders are cool but they are not formed to the shape of tire
the risers are great i love the feel of them - i do lean foward a bit more with the 32" drag bars and thats what i wanted im short lol 5 foot 6 and it makes me feel like im stretching ALOT to hold on
but can always slide up closer to the tank to "hover" over them and feel bigger
i did want shorty apes but didnt want to go that way after riding my buddy scoot with same setup i wasnt comfy .... drag bars make ur scoot like a tunning fork so your mirrors are useless lol
im sure if you call and ask for lance or cheryl they can answer your questions they are GREAT people to deal with - the product comes mailed perfect !!! and will do what they can to help u out !!!

ps add your bikes year mod an make to the signature -- makes it easy for us old folk to know what year an make when helpin u out - insted of asking all the time
tell them steve from ny sent ya !!! they are awsome -
your scoot is bad ass - no matter what ya do make it your own.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts