Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and in fact new to cruisers even! I've been in motorcycles for a long time. Starting a couple of years ago I started with a little pit bike then traded on Craiglsist. Over a year of trading and rebuilding bikes, only about $500 out of my own pocket, I traded up to a 2011 DRZ400 dual sport. Since then, I've sold it and downsized in value. I've just recently got a 2001 Shadow VT1100C Spirit that I love! I think its finally the one that fits me! It's only got 14000 miles with tons to go. Generally stock but has aftermarket pipes (which the owner didn't know which kind they were but I think there cobras, feel free to correct me), drag bars, corbin seat, and black paint. Great bike, tons of power and can't wait to hit the road on it! I'll also get better pictures in the future, there was snow out side and these were the pictures on the ad haha!

Also, If you guys have any recommendations of things to do, things to fix or any other advice, definitely hit me up!

Attachments

· Registered
9,268 Posts
Sweet looking bike!

you can get some good deals on Ebay on stuff for it. Stay away from the Chinese stuff. Don't let the cheap price reel you in. I bought a few of these items and nothing was really usable. Also check out your local Honda dealership for stuff. You'd be surprised at what they carry in stock and sometimes have pretty good deals.

· Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and in fact new to cruisers even! I've been in motorcycles for a long time. Starting a couple of years agoI've just recently got a 2001 Shadow VT1100C Spirit that I love! It's only got 14000 miles with tons to go. Generally stock but has aftermarket pipes (which the owner didn't know which kind they were but I think there cobras, feel free to correct me), drag bars, corbin seat, and black paint. Great bike, tons of power and can't wait to hit the road on it! I'll also get better pictures in the future, there was snow out side and these were the pictures on the ad haha!

Also, If you guys have any recommendations of things to do, things to fix or any other advice, definitely hit me up!
Do a complete maintenance check and replace the filters and fluids as recommended by Honda for its miles and age. That way you now have a new time period for your records and you know everything is fresh. Once you get it on the road and do some riding your riding preferences and comfort will dictate what you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.