Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!

I have been riding for the past 15 years off and on. I have ridden/owned both crotch rockets and cruisers.

I sold my last bike a couple of years ago cause I wanted to try something else.

Fast forward 2 years and now enters a co-worker who tells me about this bike (2000 Honda Shadow 750 ACE) that has been sitting in storage since November of 08. He has not started the bike in three years and stopped caring about it a while back. Since he failed to register the bike, he owes back registration and penalty fees to great state of California.

So I decided to take a chance on it and purchase the bike sight-unseen. I reasoned with him that the fees/taxes could amount to close to $800 and who knows what could be wrong with the bike. So we agreed on a purchase price of $100 and he delivered it to my house (tonight).

Upon delivery, I gave it a quick once-over and can see a couple of items that need attention. But certainly nothing extraordinary as of right now.

I plugged the VIN into the Cali DMV and total registration will come out to be $300 ;-):-D

Attached is the first pic. Sorry for the poor quality. Wife took it with her phone. Ol bike is certainly dirty but I will give it plenty of TLC.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The finger in the air is cause I kept telling my wife "one hundred, that's right, one hundred" lol

·
Registered
673 Posts
Wanna double that hunnert?
Nice find!

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
You....you....THIEF!!!!

Nice score!!! Welcome to the board, eltorito!!!

I'll give ya $1000 sight unseen, wanna sell?!?:D;)

Service manual for that beast can be downloaded in the sticky's at the top of the General Discussion board, brother!;)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Wow 100? We snagged one on some trades that totalled to like 1500 last year with a salvage tittle and bad fender and tail lights. New battery and a quick carb clean and plugs and she runs like damned raped ape!

You stole the **** thing! He could have gotten darn near 2k here for it.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
and i thought i got lucky finding a bike for $1500 for my girl..... That's legal rape what you done there LOL good buy and enjoy.

Dauntae

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all!

Bike is in GREAT condition. It has a chip on the front fender but the rest of the paint is perfect.

I already downloaded the service manual.

The throttle is pretty stiff so I will be removing the carbs for a deep clean and lubricating/inspecting the throttle cable. I will be performing an oil change, replacing the air filter, fuel filter and spark plugs. Brakes look good. Will also do a coolant flush/refill.

I will post pics once I get her cleaned up and running.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Thanks all!

Bike is in GREAT condition. It has a chip on the front fender but the rest of the paint is perfect.

I already downloaded the service manual.

The throttle is pretty stiff so I will be removing the carbs for a deep clean and lubricating/inspecting the throttle cable. I will be performing an oil change, replacing the air filter, fuel filter and spark plugs. Brakes look good. Will also do a coolant flush/refill.

I will post pics once I get her cleaned up and running.
I'm still in shock over what you paid!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Excellent deal! Bike could have been in shambles missing some parts and it would still be worth $100. Good luck with getting it up and running! It probably won't take much. :)

I bought a bike once for a $100 a couple of years back, it was an 80's Honda Silverwing (Baby Goldwing) that hadn't been touched in over ten years. It was missing the front fairing/headlight but the saddlebags and trunk were there, and it ran with a little work. After doing some leg work to get the title, I ended up selling it a few months later for $600 after just getting it running.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Once again, thanks to all.

I have been collecting the DMV forms and getting insurance on it so it is ready for DMV.

The bike is a 2000 VT750CD2 which makes it a Spirit?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts