Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Hey guys, as you can see I ride a VTX. Just joined the site to get info on the Shadow line as my wife cannot get the X off the kickstand. Thanks for having me!:mrgreen:
Welcome. Some info on your wife would be helpful. Height/weight, strength, make it a little easier to make recommendations based on her size.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome. Some info on your wife would be helpful. Height/weight, strength, make it a little easier to make recommendations based on her size.
a picture would be even better! :cool: haha just playin' brother, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome. there are several of us on here that have vtx's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome ! The wife is 5' 3" and about 120lb, she tried all she could but just couldn't get the X up. When we got the X Bauerkempers had a 750 Shadow that she just flicked up, now it is time to talk her off the back and move up front. I also have a friend that has an 1100 Shadow that she can also stand up off the kickstand. Just trying to wrap my brain around wich one for her?

·
Registered
776 Posts
At 120 lbs, 750 would be plenty for her. I'm 250 and ride the same! However, I would LOVE a 1100 and she may wind up feeling the same. I hear very few storys about people wanting smaller bikes. Not TOO many, any way.

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Welcome, yep several VTX owners! The Shadows are GREAT bikes, with her size the 750 could be all she would ever want...but More CC's= More Smiles:p If you go with a chain drive sproket changes are possible to help her on the freeway. Get her in a beginner safety course, let her get the feel of riding on someone elses steel, then let her pick out HER ride, cuz if Momma's happy...
Coop

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.