1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bullzeyet said:
Have you set the "dollar rate" yet???? :wink:

Bullzeyet
Not yet, :wink: I suspect it will be a fight the first couple of times......gotta secure some 2x4's to the floor of the garage for a place to bolt the base, for stability.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
[quote="cbjr0256It's a manual tire changing station for car tires with a motorcycle tire adapter. A Harbor Freight purchase.[/quote]

(insert Edith Bunker voice here) Ooooohhh....(nods wisely)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ohhh nice, I coulda used it earlier today, I was out breaking in my new helmet when I noticed my front tire wanting to stay in those straight lines on the highway, pulled over and my valve stem was almost cut in half. I dumped a can of that fix a flat goo into it and proceeded to the nearest Honda dealer, it cost me $76 to get a new valve stem put on and they did it while I went and had lunch, not too bad 45 minutes down and I was back on the road. I have to give Cycle Barn in Lynwood, WA a thumbs up for the customer service they showed me today.

Still I get stuck thinking how much it cost to fix that valve stem. But I was really worried they would bump the cost up on me when they broke the seal on that tire and the goo started coming out, they did not even mention it, Thank you Lord for watching over me! I just may take your lead and get one of those for myself. :wink:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought one last fall and have changed a few tube type tires on it. It works pretty good. I'm waiting to see how well it works to break the bead on a tubeless tire.

I did go to NAPA and spring for real tire lube for ease of mounting and dismounting. That's some slippery stuff!!

I still need to pick up a "tube snake" to pull the valve stem through the hole in the rim. Fishing the stem through the rim is hard on the knuckles!! Dennis Kirk carries them, I just haven't got one yet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm just glad someone knew what it was. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Congrats on the new toy Chuck. Are you going to let Merry use it? :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.