Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Where in VA? Congrats on the new ride!

JMO, but the Richmond area is the most rider-friendly place I've ever been. Even more so than Japan and that's saying something indeed.

Now if we could ditch the stupid mandatory helmet laws and instate some lane-splitting and front-of-the-line privilege laws it would be ideal!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where in VA? Congrats on the new ride!

JMO, but the Richmond area is the most rider-friendly place I've ever been. Even more so than Japan and that's saying something indeed.

Now if we could ditch the stupid mandatory helmet laws and instate some lane-splitting and front-of-the-line privilege laws it would be ideal!

I'm from the hampton roads area. Haven't been up to Richmond yet, but I did live in Okinawa, Japan for 8 years and know what you mean. I'll have to take a trip up to Richmond sometime.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
That's were I work. What's he do? Does he ride? I've been looking a for a couple people to ride with / teach how to improve on my techniques.
He's AMMO, don't know if he's in the MSA though, and yes, he rides but I don't know how well or how long he's been at it.

You SHOULD be able to join a rider mentorship program on base designed exactly for teaching new riders practical riding beyond the BRC/ERC. Basically you just go out in town riding and talk about it from a tech standpoint. At Misawa and Mountain Home the standard was twice a month a mentored ride would replace PT and participants could get half a day off. Given the drop in motorcycle incidents I'd say it worked.

Gotta talk to your squadron rep (if you have one) about it, or just ask wing safety. They usually have a line on anything like that.

If you want to learn I recommend it over going out with friends.

Id swing down there but its 2 hours away and drivers out there SUCK. :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AMMO huh? I'm in same squadron as him. I work PMEL. They do have a mentor program for the SQ. I haven't had my bike long enough to go on any rides. They don't do them very often though. Don't blame you for not driving down here. Drivers here are crazy!:p

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
AMMO huh? I'm in same squadron as him. I work PMEL. They do have a mentor program for the SQ. I haven't had my bike long enough to go on any rides. They don't do them very often though. Don't blame you for not driving down here. Drivers here are crazy!:p
Out here in the country, it's REAL nice. Winding 2 lane roads with little or no traffic, just gotta watch for the odd inattentive driver and the f**king deer that are everywhere!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.