Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone.

First bike in 20 years. 2001 Honda Shadow VT600. Had the same bike in my 20's as a daily driver for years. Always wanted to turn it into a bobber but i was too broke, so I sold it and put the money towards school. Got the itch last month and decided to finish what i wanted to start back then. Long way to go, but making progress.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

· Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
7,131 Posts
Welcome to the forum. 600's make the best bobbers, it looks great.

· Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from West Chester, PA. Looks great. Always good to make a bike the way YOU want it. Have fun, stay alert and ride often.

· Banned
2019 Phantom VT750C2B [black/ shaft/ 5gear/ hard bags/ shield]
57 Posts
Hello Everyone.

First bike in 20 years. 2001 Honda Shadow VT600. Had the same bike in my 20's as a daily driver for years. Always wanted to turn it into a bobber but i was too broke, so I sold it and put the money towards school. Got the itch last month and decided to finish what i wanted to start back then. Long way to go, but making progress. View attachment 300164
View attachment 300166
Welcome to the forum. I hope to hear from you in the future. Ride safe.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update. Sanded down the tank. Once i decide on a rear fender and get that in, I'll paint both at the same time. I also replaced the radiator cover, and deleted the right and left switch cluster. I didn't want to just cut wires and eliminate features, instead i relocated every wire and installed toggle switches or push buttons. Right side panel has the kill switch and start button. Left side has the horn, Headlight ( High low and off ), blinkers and i wired in a switch to now be able to control my running lights. The toggle for the blinkers is towards the rear of the panel, that way when i relax and drop my left arm, my hand is right on the switch.

Attachments

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,693 Posts
You doing a FINE Job on it...
I like "Bare Metal" effect...
You Ain`t GOTTA Paint it,'
Dennis

Welcome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts