Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I'm new to this site and have been enjoying reading the threads for the last couple of days. I have a small dilemma. I just purchased a 2002 Shadow Spirit VT1100 (I've been riding a 1985 Shadow VT700c for the last couple of years) and it is mostly stock other than some Cobra slashcut pipes (I also have the stock pipes as well).

I was wondering what accessories do you consider to be the most important to add to this bike? I am on a tight budget so I really want to get the most bang for the buck. I already have a windshield and Willie and Max saddlebags from my old bike. I have been wavering between a freeway bar, floorboards, mustang seat or a light bar. I may be able to do two of these but not all of them right now. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
188 Posts
The thing i go for on every bike is crash bars, they pay for themselves at the first drop, moving or standing still. Next is the seat, most standard seat are no good for long rides, so i get mine customised at a saddle maker for around 300$ to 400$., then i go for floor boards, then light bars. this is how i spend my money on a bike.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I would go with crash bars, then more visibly from the rear. I agree with Bwadife on crash bars, but want the cagers to know I'm in front of them especially at night. Light bar later because I ride like I'm invisible, and try to anticipate whatever's in front of me will do. Didn't have do another seat, brought bike with a Mustang seat already on.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I would go with changing the rear turn signals into brake, and turn with a pulse braking light. This means you will have to change the turn signal lens to red from to yellow. There are kits to accomplish both. Look around on the forum, how to do this has been discussed several times. Will see if I can find, and will send you the link.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Since you have the windshield then Engine Guards with Highway Pegs is a good option to stretch when on long rides, Throttle Lock and a Throttle Rocker are nice to have, good seat for me is a top priority, making rear turn signals into also brake lights is very good, then auxialry lights on the front especially if you do any night riding, from there you can add on at your leisure..............

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I would go with crash bars, then more visibly from the rear. I agree with Bwadife on crash bars, but want the cagers to know I'm in front of them especially at night. Light bar later because I ride like I'm invisible, and try to anticipate whatever's in front of me will do. Didn't have do another seat, brought bike with a Mustang seat already on.
Agree 100%. Signal Dynamics BackOff Motorcycle Brake Light Modulator - Custom Dynamics
Mustang seat is good option for thy arse.

·
Registered
11,135 Posts
Acc

I would personally ride it for a while and see what you like about it and then decide what to add on. You may buy something now and then realise later that you don't like it or didn't really need it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts