Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first bike, 2001 Honda shadow 750 spirit. I has only 1900 miles, but has been sitting since 2003. It is in need of some work, but nothing I hopefully cannot handle with some help from this site. I will post some pics tonight.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Texan:
Welcome from a fellow Texas. We rode a '03 750 Shadow Spirit for a year or so and found it to be an excellent bike. We think you will too.

If ever you ride up into central Texas, look us up.

We trudge on.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcomes. I hope to be riding soon. Right now I have to replace the tires, battery, fuel filter, gas tank, and fluids. The tank that is in the pictures below has be relinned and primed. When the shop primed the tank they did not prep it well enough for paint, and the oil from thier hands turned to rust. Anyhow it is bare metal right now, and I love the look. I am not sure if a clear coat would keep the bare metal from rusting, but I think it would look nice. I picked up a new tank for now, and am waiting for it to show up. I removed the front fender also. I am looking at getting some wide wite walls.

The first two pics are the day I picked it up and the third is my photoshop version.

·
Registered
628 Posts
welcome

Welcome to this great site. Post your beauty for us.

I see there are three other Texans in the replies. Is Texas in the continental USA?

Jim

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome Tex

Hey Tex,

Welcome to this great place with great people. All very helpful and have a great sense of humour.

I bet Texas is alot warmer than Virginia is right now.. I am missing the time to ride now.. Its cold out here brrrrr..

Anyway.. Welcome and Enjoy the site..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I agree with Blueeyes.. I bet its alot warmer there than here in Va. And no sign of warm air anytime soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts