Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new as you can see by the thread title. I'm looking for my first cruiser and decided what better place to get some info than where the bikers come to chat. I'm looking at getting a new Honda Shadow 750 Phantom but one thing I need to know is will it haul me and my wife with out any problem on the highway? My wife and I weigh about 200 pounds each. With that being said will this bike give us a problem on the highway?

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
I reckon you will just about make it..I weigh about 230lbs and can ride almost anything..I wouldn't like to ride a 125cc up a steep hill though..

Take advice from others in the same situation, they might suggest a bit more air in the tires..

Twin engine, 325cc's a pot that's quite a lot of power..

John.

·
Registered
815 Posts
My wife and i weigh 160 each and for 2 up highway/interstate and hills i would like to have more reserve power for passing and pulling away when needed. With just me on the 750 there is no need for more power, at 70 MPH i am tacking 4,000 RPM, at 60 tack reads 3,400 RPM. At 400 pounds, i would look for a bike that fit me but with more HP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.