Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ran across this forum during a Google search and decided to sign up.

I've rode street bikes for the past couple years and finally decided give up the crotch rockets and move to a cruiser since that is what everyone else in my riding group has. Rode a buddies 03 sabre all last summer and fell in love. Actually gonna go look at an 02 sabre, 5600 miles for $3K this weekend. Is this a good deal, and what should I look for when checking out the bike.

I hope to learn a lot from this site and share some knowledge as well

JT Jones

· Registered
2,349 Posts
Hi asnd welcome.

I have an 04 Sabre and they are running around $6k used so my personal feeling is that $3k for an "02" is a good price if the bike is in good shape.

BTW, in what part of Kentucky are you?

· Registered
295 Posts
As long as it has been well maintained, it sounds like a good price on an excellent bike.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hey man...welcome to the cruiser scene. I too know how hard it is to make that transition. I went from a 2004 ZX 636 Ninja to a Shadow A.C.E. 750. Kept both for about 3 months, but being newlywed, the Shadow makes 2 up alot more enjoyable. There are still days I miss the appeal of the sportys, but hey, when your knees are in the breeze, it's all good! :D

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes

Supposedly it is one of them deals that the guy is in need of cash quick, so I hope that I can take advantate of the situation, and get a great deal on a bike. I was going to buy a bike in the next couple months anyhow and I had it narrowed down to the Sabre and the V-star 1100. But since this deal came up I hope to stay on Honda instead of going to a Yamajunk.

rmw - I'm in Independence KY

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.