Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! My names Tyler, I'm a fairly new rider, 17 years old. Just purchased my first street legal bike, a 1986 Shadow 500! I've been on dirtbikes and such all my life, but after my last car broke down, I knew the costs had to go down. I LOVE THIS BIKE. I got it for 1000 even, with less than 15k miles! No emissions here in AZ means after registration, tags, plates, and permit, I spent a total of 1036 on her. In the past 3 weeks I've ridden close to 500 miles, I just can't get enough! Everybody says shes beautiful and are baffled when I say how old she is and how much I paid! Thank you all and hope to hear from some of you soon! :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all! Quick question, I've noticed the old saddlebags on my bike have been quite worn, and have started to damage my rear turn signals by pushing into them. What saddlebags would ya'll recommend?

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
My nature is that anything can be fixed. Polish, stitching and some metal supports could make your old bags work. You can also add chrome studs for $5 if that's the look you want. But, they could be too far gone to fix in which case maybe someone else will advise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've already polished them the best I could, but they are just too far gone. They're cheap bags anyways, I think I'll order some new ones off of Amazon, I found a good set for 80 bucks anyways. Thanks though!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome! Nice clean old Shadow. You made a great purchase I'd say!

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
welcome aboard Tyler and that's a Nice Looking Shadow, Love the Original Red. :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Welcome Tyler! Thats a very clean looking ride you have.Enjoy and good luck with it.Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts