Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have recently bought a 1999 vt1100c2 ACE with Jardine slip ons. If I want to use the bike everyday for work, I need to reduce the dB so the neighbours don't kick off at 4:30am. Moving isn't an option.
I've been looking to replace them with stock mufflers but tricky to find second hand. Homemade silencers have been pretty successful but not good enough.
Any recommendations for replacements or mods welcome.

Thanks in advance
Darren UK

Registered
Hi Welcome to the forums .I used to ride a dealer modified 76 kz750 with headers to work early in the morning. That thing was stupid loud. Had slip in muffler I wrapped with pink fiberglass home insulation. Lasted about a month then would rewrap. Biggest thing is just try to keep it down and don't rev at all .I miss my Cow .I sold it and new owner he wrecked it a week later then brought it back to try to sell it back to me laying in a pickup. I still can see it busted up. 馃槳

Reactions: kesanders

Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
Welcome to the forum. Have someone else start your bike and stand a few houses away. Sometimes the bikes aren't as loud as they sound while you are sitting on them. Like Crazyoldman said (Biggest thing is just try to keep it down and don't rev at all)

Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
Lollipop baffles are easy and adjustable.

Reactions: KC_97Shadow1100C
1 - 8 of 8 Posts