Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I picked up a 2000 ACE 750 on a trade so I figured i'd join the forum for all the good info! I plan to work on my Ace all winter and i'm calling the project "Bobber with a girlfriend" because i love the look of everyones shadow bobbers but I refuse to give up my passenger seat. So we will see where the project takes me! BTW do i not get a signature for awhile? I went to user CP but i have no option for signature.

Here is the bike a few days ago when i picked it up, then a pic of it sitting today with the batwing and all bags stripped off. Sorry for the crappy iphone pictures, ill try to take them more steady.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My ACE is a 2002.

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,096 Posts
Hows it goin ? Be interesting to see its progress

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
welcome aboard, i like the look of your bike without the bat wing and bags. love the bars !! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually don't like the bars that are on it now. I'm going to get the stock risers powder coated and make some new bars. But with the holidays and all, I am broke!! So in the meantime I'm cleaning up my hand controls so the new bars look cleaner. I'm going to move my kill switch to a more discrete spot and I ran my starter switch (8$) to a small spot by the key.
Auto part Automotive lighting Personal protective equipment Vehicle Headlamp

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I plan on wrapping my stock exhaust with black or titanium header wrap, but first I had to remove the stock bulky muffler. So I cut that and welded chrome angled tips to the ends. I also removed the heat shields and ground down the mounts for those. Auto part Pipe Exhaust system Metal Auto part Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got around to putting new bars on. I relocated a couple little things, removed the bulky chrome fork covers , and got a new setup for the front blinkers that's not so big as well. I've got to reorder a single cable throttle because my 10 month old puppy got ahold of my first one ? I also experimented with plasti dip a little. I love how easy it is to work with so we will see how long it holds up. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Fuel tank

1 - 15 of 15 Posts