Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I picked up a 2000 ACE 750 on a trade so I figured i'd join the forum for all the good info! I plan to work on my Ace all winter and i'm calling the project "Bobber with a girlfriend" because i love the look of everyones shadow bobbers but I refuse to give up my passenger seat. So we will see where the project takes me! BTW do i not get a signature for awhile? I went to user CP but i have no option for signature.

Here is the bike a few days ago when i picked it up, then a pic of it sitting today with the batwing and all bags stripped off. Sorry for the crappy iphone pictures, ill try to take them more steady.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My ACE is a 2002.

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,009 Posts
Hows it goin ? Be interesting to see its progress

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
welcome aboard, i like the look of your bike without the bat wing and bags. love the bars !! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually don't like the bars that are on it now. I'm going to get the stock risers powder coated and make some new bars. But with the holidays and all, I am broke!! So in the meantime I'm cleaning up my hand controls so the new bars look cleaner. I'm going to move my kill switch to a more discrete spot and I ran my starter switch (8$) to a small spot by the key.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1419166134.900511.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I plan on wrapping my stock exhaust with black or titanium header wrap, but first I had to remove the stock bulky muffler. So I cut that and welded chrome angled tips to the ends. I also removed the heat shields and ground down the mounts for those. ImageUploadedByMO Free1419288306.260537.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1419289118.028258.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1419289190.071664.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got around to putting new bars on. I relocated a couple little things, removed the bulky chrome fork covers , and got a new setup for the front blinkers that's not so big as well. I've got to reorder a single cable throttle because my 10 month old puppy got ahold of my first one ? I also experimented with plasti dip a little. I love how easy it is to work with so we will see how long it holds up. ImageUploadedByMO Free1420610990.473106.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1420611120.090771.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts