Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a trip to Colorado or North Carolina from northwest IL next summer. It will be my first long distance trip. What tips and suggestions would you offer? I'll be riding a Shadow 750 Aero. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Some points to consider while riding LD on a 750 were just discussed in another thread.
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/53...on/375954-riding-75-85mph-hours-bad-bike.html
Good luck on the trip ... lots of good info here. My advice is don't do more than 300 miles a day, stay off the Interstate slabs if possible, take as many back roads as possible, and take your time. Lots of the rest is just common sense. Seek advice on how and what to pack etc. Rain gear is obviously a must have, emergency tools is another. Riding wet and cold sucks. Stay warm, dry, alert, and rested and you'll have a good trip.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
^^^^ That. It's about the ride, not the destination. Motorcycle camping, if that's what you're doing is kinda like backpacking on a motorcycle. Lots of the same gear will work. If you go to Colorado, the altitude will effect how your bike runs if it's carbureted.
Have an epic trip.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Fuel, reallllllly easy to overlook consumption with increased weight. Know how much you have and where to get it if you need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts