Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Florida Folks!
My wife and I are planning to take our bike to Florida next winter for a couple of months vacation away from the brutal Canadian Winter. Have been to Florida many times over the past 50 years but never on a bike. I've heard stories of places not too "excited" about having bikers stay at their rentals. We only run a small Honda which is very quiet. just wondering if anyone can give a few guidelines here on what or what not to expect. Would prefer the East coast, Miami area specifically. Any decent rentals?........cheaper Motels?..........apartments?..........whatever. Just starting our plans now so we will be ready by next winter.............Thanks a lot for anything you can tell us.
Regards
Krusty

·
Registered
49 Posts
Living here, I've never rented a place, so I don't have any info. If you head down to the keyes there are NO problems with bikes down there.
I haven't heard anything about bikes being a problem here (Broward County), but again I don't vacation here, I live here

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply
We have traveled extensively over the years and have spent a lot of time in the Keys........you are right!.........they love bikes down there and are rather more accepting than the North..............of course there is always Bike Week but that is a rather "flash in the Pan" time of the year where bikes are welcome everywhere...............

·
Registered
542 Posts
Most places I've been are motorcycle friendly. Anywhere in the Daytona area is OK any time of year. I've stayed on St. Pete Beach several times and they let me park under the overhang out front overnight! Well lit and in sight of the front desk. The Keys are cool with bikes too. I think the stinky, surly biker thing is mainly over in most folks minds by now!
If not, tell 'em you ride a Honda! 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts