Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the first rain of 2011 in Roswell, N.M. is over. I hope we are out of the drought that has lasted so long. As fate would have it I just bought rain gear a couple of weeks ago. Hope I need it again soon. I live out in farm and ranch country and if it were not for the fact that most of our water comes from underground wells the area would be in bad shape. However, a drought doesn't end with just one rain. This would be I think post number three and I've taken a step to being a paid member. This is a fine site for my motoring interests. Be well everyone.

L.R.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I'm glad to hear somebody got some rain yesterday. It didn't do much at our house(halfway between Hobbs and Lovington), but from the looks of things, parts of Lea county got a little rain yesterday. It is gonna take a lot of rain to pull us out of the drought. I hope the water table can sustain us until we do get some decent, measurable rain.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I seems I can't get away from the rain! I ride in the evening, sky is beautiful when I leave home. Get 10-15 miles away and it clouds up and thunder begins to rumble. I have to hurry to beat the rain home. Sigh..such is summer in Alabama.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts