Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, it has been 100-106 here in OK. I ride 8mi. to work every day and my cooling fan has never come on. I would have thought with that kind of heat the fan would have come on.

Maybe they just cool that good that they don't come on very much I don't know.

If any of you have a 750 Spirit and could share some info on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Is the temp light coming on or the bike overheating? Just let it idle in the driveway, wait to see if the fan comes on. What type of traffic are you riding in?

·
Registered
287 Posts
The fan

I have a 750 Aero and I have never heard the fan. I sometimes ride in 90 degree New York traffic and I don't think the fan ever came on. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I've never seen mine come on in any of my bikes unless they are idling for long periods of time in the heat, or doing very low speeds for an extended period of time (think first gear for 15 minutes, after the bike is already warm).

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Test by jumping. On a two wire sensor, touch them together. On a one wire system, ground it to the chassis. Fan should start which would mean the fan is good. You'll need a boilover or temp light to tell you if the sensor is kaput.

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
If it's not overheating, don't worry about it. If you have an overheating issue, investigate..........

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Let it idle long enough, it'll come on ,or burn up.:wink: My air cooled bike starts idling funny when the heads get 330degrees, I shut it down if I'm stuck in traffic too long.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Its been hot here the past week or so up in the 90's a couple of times and the only time I have ever heard my fan was last night when I was pacing my wife around the block while she is learning to ride..... lots of idling and 1st-2nd running between stop signs... Scarred the heck out of me when it came on! Couldnt figure out what the noise was at first.

·
Registered
42 Posts
On my Aero, the fan has never come on. I ride 10 miles a day to work in 95+ temps, and at those hot long red lights, I wondered...but never any problems.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have an overtemp light and it has never come on. I have never had a boil over either. I will jump the sensor tom. and see if fan comes on. If it does i will drive it around tom. for a while and see if it comes on. Thanks for all the replies and help!!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
High 90s here and I ride 75 miles one way a day for work. Never seen or heard mine come on.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I think I heard my fan come on one time. That was after riding most of the day around town in stop and go traffic in 100 degree heat. I ran for about 30 seconds and cut off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts