1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
62 Posts
ok after seeing that. would any of you trust your tires to it? really. so the tires can get holes and you will never know it. to me the integrity of the tire gets worse. a car tire i can see it but not a bike.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If it sounds to good to be true, there is serious doubt. This product has been around for years, so why hasn't it taken off like a rocket? I don't know the answer yet, so I do not want to take the jump. Interested in the opinion of other members.

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
Not entirely sure how this works.. You take-in, or send-off your tires ??? ...and they spray goo in them? Sounds like a thing of genius, but I can't find a single shop that sprays the goo.. :neutral:

Like has been said.. This has been around for a good long while.. But with the lack of info available out there, after all this time ??? ..Not sure the lack of information is a good thing..

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I believe I'll let others try this out.

·
Registered
18,122 Posts
This is the First I`ve seen of this "Old as dirt" product...
Not as old, Ride On, is a product I am familiar with...
I`ve used "Green Slime " before and know this will stop a leak in the tube...

Fresh Back from Sebring, FL
D

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
How do you know you ran over a nail if the hole seals up? Would be like riding on a patched tire but you would not know. I'll ride a patch till the tire wears out but most comments I've seen on this forum were that folks don't like doing that.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I want some tires like are on the military Humvees. With all the horizontal holes in them.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok after seeing that. would any of you trust your tires to it? really. so the tires can get holes and you will never know it. to me the integrity of the tire gets worse. a car tire i can see it but not a bike.
Well, in reading your reply it made me remember a few ones I've had that did manage to stick into the tire and be worked around creating even more damage as it was thrashed around inside the layers. Yes, you bring up a valid point. However there is the long lonesome deserted highway at midnight scenario where I'd certainly rather keep riding, at least to some destination rather than stop dead in the water.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
One should always complete a walk-around of one's motorcycle before riding anyway. Products like this will utilize the air pressure inside the tire to fill a puncture and protrude to the outside of the tire making it easy to visually detect. If you're not comfortable riding after that, well good news! - You found your puncture and to boot, you're probably now also glad that you made it home on your last ride without getting stuck somewhere. :cool:

I've been using Ride-On in three of my bikes for a while now. I've also changed a set of tires with Ride-On still inside it and can vouch for it's integrity in that it does not dry and it is also not messy like Slime. While I'm glad to report I haven't needed the puncture resistant technology as of yet, I am glad that it also hydro-dynamically balances the wheel. Being a non-drying gel it finds the 'low' spots inside the tire in real rotational time. To my understanding Rhinotire does not. I do see the benefit of either product though.

Hey, I've also been running tubeless spokes in two bikes for thousands of miles and no issues. Man, was I questioned about that one too, haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts