Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in mourning. They closed Bruce's Bar in Severence, CO. It was the best place for Rocky Mountain Oysters!! :cry: We used to ride there one Sunday a month or so in the summer.

Gary

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey, if you can't find another place up there that has em. We have some great "calf-fries" here in Amarillo. :wink:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
SCSIdude said:
Do I dare ask what that is? :D I actually do like the oysters. yum yum...

Let's say the bulls in that part of the country sing a little higher pitched
every time someone eats a "mountain oyster"!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
cool96shadow said:
You guys DO know there's a whole delicious cow attached to those rocks, right?
EXACTLY! LOL

Who wants bull balls when you can have fillet mignon?

·
Registered
339 Posts
The only time I ever had them was when I was about 16. My friends mom and dad were having a party. I ate and went back for seconds. I thought they were pretty good, although us kids were playing poker in the basement and sneaking beer when the nobody was watching... :roll:

·
Registered
323 Posts
kingham said:
Hey, if you can't find another place up there that has em. We have some great "calf-fries" here in Amarillo. :wink:

I've heard of the calf fries, we've had them a few times. Seem to always be plentyful after branding and cutting the young bulls. They are hard to find around here though, we would usually have them at my granddads in Oklahoma or at the uncles place in Wichita Falls. I don't know of a resturant that serves them around here.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dang Gary
Not like you can just open a phone book and find another place.
or ask a stranger
Good luck with that
Glen

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I am in mourning. They closed Bruce's Bar in Severence, CO. It was the best place for Rocky Mountain Oysters!!
All I can say is "nuts to that."

But personally, I can't say that the delicacy is high on my favorites list. I was once invited to preside at an invitation-only winemaker's dinner at the swanky Chateau Whistler in Canada, and was quite pleased with myself for scoring a free room and this exclusive gourmet meal for just offering a few witty remarks at the opening. Unfortunately, the menu for the evening was...you guessed it...and it's hard to hide the entree under the potatoes when you're at the front table next to the host and under the watchful eye of the chef. :lol:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Never fear, sanoke to the rescue! Try Taste Buds Restaurant in Calhan Colorado. It's on Colorado Ave Just south of 24. While you are in Calhan, take a ride south of town and visit the Paint Mines. It's like a mini colorful Grand Canyon. One of Colorado's best kept secerets.

Happy Trails!

sanoke

·
Registered
865 Posts
cool96shadow said:
You guys DO know there's a whole delicious cow attached to those rocks, right?
Reminds me of the man who had a talking pig with only three legs. When someone said how amazing a talking pig was, but why did he only have three legs? the man replied that a pig that special shouldn't be eaten all at once.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts