Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No more Honda V-Twins in Canada?

I don't know when this happened but went to the Honda Canada site and noticed no more VT cruisers: just two Rebels and one is a single cylinder 286cc bike so nice cruiser. Not.

So upgrade path is first: single cylinder Rebel 300, next bike: 6 cylinder 1800cc GoldWing !!!!!

G.

PS. I had planned on keeping my 1995 VT1100Cs for 25 years so I started looking for a newer model. Guess I will have to keep it forever or downgrade to Goldwing.

·
Super Moderator
6,535 Posts
I don't know when this happened but went to the Honda Canada site and while looking at Gold Wing noticed no more VT cruisers: just two Rebels and one is a single cylinder 286cc bike so nice cruiser.
So upgrade path is first: single cylinder Rebel 300, next: 6 cylinder 1800cc GoldWing.
G.
It looks like you are 100% correct on that... The Rebel 500 is a Twin but it's not a V-twin, the website says it's a Parallel-twin.

https://motorcycle.honda.ca/category/cruiser

I guess if you want to buy a new Honda V-twin you'll have to come to the States. And then your only choice is a 1300cc in a few different models.

https://powersports.honda.com/street/cruiser.aspx

Phil

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sometime between 2016 and 2017 that happened. Some dealerships had 1 or two 1300's There was one Stateline 2016 left in a dealership in Nova Scotia but that was the only one I could find. And that was last year in Aug

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,214 Posts
I picked some parts the other day at a Honda store. They had 2 phantoms black one and a silver one. 1 used one that someone put an army paint job on. A lot of rebels a 21 Goldwing DCT and a plethora of Dirt bikes and ATVs

·
Registered
583 Posts
I guess if you want to buy a new Honda V-twin you'll have to come to the States. And then your only choice is a 1300cc in a few different models.

Cruiser - Honda
On the Cruiser - Honda link you posted, I'm seeing the 2022 Shadow Phantom and Aero to both be 745 cc. The new Rebel 1100 is 1045cc. The custom chopper styled Fury looks to be the last of the VTX1300 lineage. The 1800 is gone.

I wonder if the content of a page like this might be tailored to individual views, based on location?

I have noticed the decline in the breadth of offerings of "cruiser" bikes in general. Notice that Yamaha doesn't even use the "C" word anymore. They are now "Sports Heritage" machines, and of the wide and deep "V-Star" family, only the 250 remains. Yamaha Sport Heritage Motorcycles

I still see 4 Vulcans being offered for 2022, from : Kawasaki Vulcan® S | Cruiser Motorcycle | Style & Performance , but the "S" has a 649cc parallel twin sport bike engine dressed up in what I'd call "bobber styling" .

Suzuki has also been busy trimming their line, although I think it's hard to say what this really means without visiting a dealership. https://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/story/bikes/suzuki-releases-2022-cruiser-motorcycle-lineup/ For example, I was surprised to see the S40 650cc single popped back up on the corporate page last summer, after it had been discontinued at the end of 2020, but it was listed as a 2019 model.

You can't blame manufacturers for dragging their heels on development. Although sales of personal transportation, especially basic economy vehicles, like bicycles and small scooters, got a boost from the pandemic, the general trend of motorcycle sales in the US has been downward. Also, emissions standards for the USA haven't been updated in over a decade while Europe and many other places in the world have gone through two further restrictions. It's not unreasonable to expect that a change might be right around the corner.

If I was advising my employer on what to invest development dollars into in 2022-2027, it would not be large cc gasoline engines.

Luckily for those of us who are fans of them, there are PLENTY of good used, V-Twin machines available, very reasonably priced. Here in Chicago, I see bikes being offered up all the time, 20 years old and with less than 10K miles on their odometers, and not infrequently, less than 5K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.